Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bullet points du jour

On the table tonight: 
  • oven-baked BBQ Beef Brisket
  • Cauliflower Gratin
  • mayonnaise slaw with apples
  • corn cakes 
  • Pumpkin cream cheese roll
Learning on ukulele:
  • Away in a Manger
  • Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (where has this song been all my life? I discovered it on You tube and love it! It is in our hymnal too, yet we have never sung it!)
  • picking each note rather than just strumming chords 
Reading:
  • several older issues of October Country Living magazine 
  • the book of Matthew
Listening to:
  • soundtrack from the Amelie movie (Yann Tiersen)
  • soundtrack from Nightmare Before Christmas (Danny Elfman)
Happy recent purchases:
  • Miss Moon: Wise Words from a Dog Governess  Every home should have a copy of this precious book. Janet's creativity with oil paint has me giddy!
  • Lost on a Mountain in Maine  The true story of Donn Fendler as a twelve year old, a friend of ours who died last week. He loved telling his story to school kids who were always surprised after reading the book, that he was not a twelve year old boy!
  • a kayak and a paddle (I'm patiently waiting for some rainfall...we are in drought conditions) (I know too, when it does rain, it will be flood waters and I still won't be able to go out) C'est la vie. 
  • a capo for my ukulele You'll have to google it. 
******************************************************************************

I was reminiscing about a trip I was on with my class, to NYC when I was sixteen. We stayed in a guest house run by German nuns. When I took my mother to visit NYC many years later, I booked the same place. It was safe, clean and inexpensive. It had an impressive breakfast spread. Yesterday, I decided to see if the Leo House had a website, which it does. I was so excited to find out that Mother Teresa had stayed there in 1960, a day before JFK was elected president. This was two years before I was born! It has no significance, just fun to know. 


Wouldn't it have been funny to be the clerk that day? What would you have written where her name goes? M. Teresa! Haha! 

I have sort of been in that spot...having sold eyeglasses to Amy Grant and Marie Osmond. Fun memories! 




Bless your heart for visiting my page! Isn't this the next best thing to being there?