Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Petals to the metal (get it?)



still life I did while working at at a coffee shop in Appalachia 

Welcome to my newest venture :)! 

 After deciding to leave Facebook, I've created this spot to share my watercolors and other things. Thanks for being here friends, old and new :) I need you. 

So...a place to share happy things...I'm getting reacquainted with placement of photos and words on here. I haven't blogged in years. 

I had fun naming my blog :) I saw somewhere, the Vanity Fair magazine and immediately thought, "Sanity Fair" but tweaked it by adding an "e" to "fair" because in French, "faire" means to do or be. To keep our sanity in this bad world, let's do and be! Happy busy, sharing our lives and hobbies (hopefully to the glory of God, creator and sustainer!) 

Some of my readers are fun people from Minnesota I met 
on a mission trip to East Ky. As they left in three vehicles, I tossed rose petals on them. It is a happy memory for me and I hope this watercolor helps keep the memory for them, although (these art people do not look familiar...it will have to do). 



I hope you are able to leave me a comment (only if you want to!) You will probably have to do a little sign in of sorts. I shall try not to be self-conscious concerning the former teachers present from that Minnesota group. While learning new tricks (i.e. ukulele playing...), I am sure I have forgotten several of the old ones (i.e. grammar). 

I have to stir my turnip greens! See you soon, I hope :) 
              
                                                                                  Phyllis