Thursday, November 17, 2016

Magnolia, Jewel and Bulbs


I don't watch television much at all but on occasion have seen
this couple's show, Fixer Upper. Aren't they so cute and talented?
I discovered today, their premier magazine issue. Maybe you want a copy and nobody has told you about it? 
I haven't bought a magazine in years until today! 
You know how sometimes you see something in a magazine and you are envious? As if you could never have something as you see it. I was pleasantly surprised today, the dishes used in the Thanksgiving table story...I have already! What's funny is, they didn't tell the name of the dishes in the story and I know people will want a source if not the name of the pattern.

I'll tell you :) It's Spode, Jewel. 

I got mine from my grandmother. I mean, they were hers. My aunt had gifted them to her one Christmas. 

*********
Every year (okay, winter of every year), I wish I had
remembered to put some flower bulbs in the fridge to "force" them. 
I want those fresh potted flowers without waiting for old man Spring to show up. 
Miraculously, I remembered yesterday.
I have Paperwhites (Narcissus) and purple Hyacinths chilling for the next six weeks. You probably know that Paperwhites smell horrible...and that Hyacinths smell wonderful. Maybe if I put them on display together, the good scent will outweigh the bad. 
Well, I'm just reminding you, in case you wanted to force some blooms and had forgotten. 

Hugs!