Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Paint and Oats


 I chose a paint color yesterday, for our family room and hallway. I did not get opinions online. A lot of bloggers write about paint colors and you can view them in rooms but I just was very careful in the store and took my time in the choosing of Sea salt. We will be covering up a yellow we've had for years. It should be a really fresh look. I hear you saying you'd like to see when it is finished. Sure! 
I typically do our painting but we have a couple of hired ladies this time. 
                                        *******************
 Oats can be bland things, however good for you they may be. I have the ability to avoid them for years. Recently,  I had these for breakfast:



I added some chia seeds which not only are action-packed with nutrients but also help in filling you and helping you to make it to lunch. I also added vanilla and cinnamon.  At this point, I have to tell you that oats are really good! I did not look at the sugar content. Some things are too difficult. 

confession: yesterday in the afternoon, I had a sugar craving that begged me to stop at the Dollar General store for M&Ms (or a Snickers bar). Finally, I met myself halfway...I did stop at the store.
You won't believe what I allowed myself to get. I got a can of black beans and a can of Ro-tel tomatoes. I went home and snacked on beans and tomatoes! 

*************